Kidlington & Woodstock Freecycling Group allows you to freecycle your unwanted items and declutter your home. The main rule of the group is keep it free, legal and suitable for all ages. This group is for people in and around Kidlington & Woodstock, Oxfordshire, England. This includes Cassington, Yarnton, Begbroke, Bletchindon, Kirtlington, Hampton Poyle, Hampton Gay, Long Hanborough, Shipton-on-Cherwell, Weston-on-the-Green, Islip etc - and even Oxford!

Tuesday 17 June 2008

A challenge for Kidlingtonians

On the North Oxfordshire website Kidlington is summed up as "the village is a lively community, with a modern shopping centre." To me that description is patronising and does not do justice to what Kidlington is. So what do I think of my home village?
Kidlington is a great place to live. It has a fantastic bus service, surrounded by accessible and beautiful countryside, a great open-plan and pedestrianised shopping centre that is not a mall with some great local shops residents can be proud of.
That's my take. Soon, in fact, I will be moving from Kidlington to nearby Freeland, and I will sorely miss this place. Amongst other things I will miss the market stalls on Friday and Saturday that I can walk to. So what is your take? How would you sum up this hamlet. If you have a viewpoint drop me a line.

No comments: